THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Protecting your Privacy!!!

Protecting your information on the internet is very important! By putting your full name, address, and home town, or any other important imformation is allowing users to take this information and using it to their own advantage.

I have a myspace and facebook, and I have both set to private. Although I do have personal information on them, I believe it's set to where only my friends can see them. I had a friend who had their profile set to where everyone could see her profile, and she got a firend request by what it looked like to be a 16 year old boy, so she was like " alright this kid looks pretty hot so I'll add him". That was her first mistake! for about two weeks talking to this kid, she gave him a whole bunch of information about herself. After awhile she noticed  that this "kid" was acting weird and actually looked him up and found out that this "kid" was actually a 43 year old male! Luckly nothing happened, and she then right away blocked this user and set her profile to private so only her friends form school to see it! I think she Learned her lesson. She is just lucky that creep didn't some to her house and stuff like that.

3 comments:

  1. All profiles should be private... Luckily for your friend nothing happened and she figured it out before he got too creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know! But she wasn't very bright to being with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, you make some very cogent points. I like the new setup, but you forgot and put your last name in the header. I love the dog cartoon. However, you need to proofread what you have written for what look to be typos rather than misspellings. Scary story about your friend enhances the warnings you give.

    ReplyDelete